Welcome to the Service Desk section of ISS.
We aim to provide efficient and professional support of all the services offered by ISS to all the ICT users associated with DCU - staff, students and alumni both on and off campus. Our contact details are in the left menu of this page, and full contact details including campus map are available on the main contact page.
We were traditionally known as the Help Desk. We were re-named in November 2010 to the ISS Service Desk. We changed our name to highlight our previous departmental name change from "CSD" to "ISS" and to draw attention to the increased range of services we now offer through the newly named Service Desk. Please see the full A-Z of all ISS services or search for the relevant service in the staff or student categories in the left hand menu.
Customer tickets are assigned a priority based on a number of criteria. A list of the priorities and examples can be found on the following link:
You can log a ticket with us by following this link
Service Desk - Email Support
If your call/request is not urgent please email your request to us.
Our e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. However we would encourage our customers to log tickets via our online ticketing system, as this will allow you to track the progress and status of your query.
- Your email will be automatically entered into our call logging system
- You will receive an automated reply email within 5 minutes with a case reference number for tracking. e.g. 
- Your call will be placed in our call queue and we will process it as soon as possible
- Depending on call volumes we aim to provide an update email within 3 hours (during business hours)
Classrooms - Email Support
We also offer a call logging service in relation to all classroom issues on the Glasnevin campus.
Please send your e-mail with full details to: email@example.com
We will then liase with the estates office on your behalf to get the issue resolved. Typical issues you may wish to log:
- Damaged ceiling/blinds/windows/doors/furniture/seating
- Trip hazards - cables, torn carpet etc.
- Insufficient furniture for room capacity
- Lights/sockets not working correctly
Service Desk - Phone Support
If your call/request is urgent please call us.
You can call us on: 01 - 700 5007
- We aim to answer all calls within 4 rings
- The ISS staff member answering your call should introduce themselves and the ISS department
- If needed (with your permission) we can make a remote connection to your machine for troubleshooting etc
- Your details will be taken and a call will be logged. You will receive an automated email with a case reference number for tracking and updates. e.g. [UJ159999]
- If your call can not resolved immediately it will be escalated to the relevant team within ISS
During the summer of 2010 we installed call management software (Symposium). This software has a number of advantages for you and ISS.
- Allows us to edit a welcome message where we can e.g. notify you of known outages etc
- Distributes calls fairly to all available technicians
- Places you in a hold queue if all technicians are busy
- Gives you the option to continue holding or leave a message if all technicians are busy
- Provides statistics on the number of calls we receive and answer
Service Desk - Remote Support
Most IT problems can be difficult to diagnose and fix. Over the phone it can be difficult to quickly diagnose a problem and implement the fix. So it was often necessary that we would need to make a desk side visit to resolve basic issues.
In addition DCU is a large campus. A lot of our time in the past was spent making our way to and from offices across campus. Add into the mix the busy schedules of everyone on campus and trying to find suitable appointment times and keeping to them. Desk side visits generally increase the length of time it takes us to resolve individual issues. In turn this reduces the number of issues we can resolve every week/month etc.
The advantages of using remote access are;
- Eliminates time wasted travelling across campus
- Removes the need to schedule appointment
- Improves communication between you and ISS support technician
- Quite often we can resolve your issue/query immediately
- You can watch and learn to see how the issue is resolved
- You may leave and lock your office while we continue to work on your machine
- We can remotely support both windows and macintosh machines
- This support is available to staff and students off campus also
Service Desk - Walk-in Support
If you need to call to one of our desks our locations and opening hours are available on the main contact page. Some typical reasons why you might call to see us
Information Systems & Services Online Ticketing System (Kayako)
To log a support ticket to Kayako, please click here.
Logging into Kayako:
Submitting a Ticket to Kayako:
Viewing your Submitted Ticket: