DCU Research Career Framework
Performance Management Development Scheme (PMDS)
Reviewer - Roles and Responsibilities
It is recommended that reviewers be fully trained in PMDS to ensure that they have full understanding and can effectively manage the process. The key responsibilities of the reviewer in the PMDS process are:
- Agree clear priorities, directions and performance standards for the reviewee
- Jointly agree performance objectives
- Provide guidance and coaching to the reviewee
- Evaluate performance objectives - have they been achieved?
- With reviewee arrange for feedback to be sought from appropriate sources relating to performance.
- Provide satisfactory performance development and career development opportunities as agreed with reviewee