UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS ENTITLED TO FREE FEES:
1. Students who withdraw before 31st October - Liable to pay 50% of the Student Contribution Fee, no HEA tuition fee will be claimed.
2. Students who withdraw before 31st January - Liable to pay 50% of the Student Contribution Fee in addition 50% HEA tuition fee will be claimed.
3. Students who withdraw on or after 1st February - Liable to pay 100% Student Contribution Fee in addition 100% HEA tuition fee will be claimed.
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS (EU /NON EU FEES):
Students who officially withdraw/defer up to 31st Janaury inclusive are liable for payment of 60% of the total course fee.
Students who officially withdraw/defer on or after 1st February are liable for payment of the full tuition fee.
POSTGRADUATE STUDENT FEES:
Students who withdraw/defer during semester 1 are liable for 60% of the total fee due.
Students who withdraw/defer during semester 2 are liable for 100% of the total fee due
NOTE: Students who are refused a SUSI grant/Third Party Funding are fully liable to pay these fees.
Students accounts with outstanding fees at the end of the academic session will be referred to a third party collection agency.
Medical Fee Waiver:
The following fees apply to students who are deferring/repeating on medical grounds and returning to the same programme the following year.
1. Students who defer a full academic year on medical grounds will be required to pay the full Student Contribution Fee upon returning to the University.
2. Students who defer a semester on medical grounds will be required to pay half of the Student Contribution Fee.
3. Students repeating a semester on medical grounds will be asked to pay €55 per credit plus the relevant Student Levy. If they wish to appeal these repeat fees, they should fill out the relevant medical fee waiver form.
Upon returning to the College, students will be asked to provide a letter from their Consultant stating that they are fit to return to study. No other form of documentation will be accepted for an application for a waiver on medical grounds. Each case will be examined individually please print off medical fee waiver form.
Repeat/Deferred Student Fees:
Students wishing to repeat an entire year of study, or attend selected subjects or modules that they have previously deferred or failed should only pay the following amounts:
Repeat and attend Module:
EUR55.00 per ECTS credit plus EUR170 LEVY CHARGE (all part time programmes)
EUR55.00 per ECTS credit plus EUR277 LEVY CHARGE (all Full time programmes)
Repeat Module Fee
Re-submission of taught masters dissertation in a new academic year.
plus student levy
In order to avail of the special dissertation fee of €475 plus levy students must only have minor changes to make on their dissertation.
They must be ready to submit by 1st December as registration is only for 3 months and not a full academic year. This rate applies to taught masters only.
All others must pay for the equivalent 30 credits for deferrals