Centre for Children's Literature & Culture Studies
The Centre for Children's Literature and Culture Studies, established in 2006, came about as a result of the increasing academic and public awareness of the importance of children's rights, children's citizenship, and the need for children to have ownership of their culture. Debates about children's literature and children's literacy have been at the centre of this development.
Aims and Objectives
- To draw on the wider expertise of the English Department and the college community to advance the study of children's literature in a multi-disciplinary context.
- To create a public forum for the development of the debate about children's literature and culture.
- To create links with national and international institutions engaged in this work.
- To contribute to the writing of the history of Irish children's literature and Irish childhood.
- To involve children as active participants in the study of children's literature.